Saturday, September 22, 2012

The County Fair

Ed and I love the County Fair and we've been excited about taking the Chipmunk with us since before he was born. This year he's old enough to really enjoy it and we had so much fun! We spent some time worrying about how he'd do alone on the rides and how to handle things if he got scared, but of course, he didn't need us at all! He would run right up to a car, get on, buckle himself in and beep the horn till it started :) When on earth did he turn into such a capable little person?

 Naturally, the very first thing we saw was a train!

DSC_5953.jpg


It's a steam engine!

DSC_5951.jpg


Waiting patiently

DSC_5950.jpg


That zebra is following me!!

DSC_5952.jpg


I buckled myself in!

DSC_5954.jpg


Driving, driving, driving...

DSC_5970.jpg


He definitely loved the driving rides :)

DSC_5985.jpg


Somewhere along the way he picked up a very pretty passenger!

DSC_5976.jpg


Looks like rush hour to me!

DSC_5977.jpg


We saw some beautiful crafts

DSC_5987.jpg


And petted some pigs and cows!

DSC_5995.jpg


IT'S AN EXCAVATOR, MAMA!!

DSC_6004.jpg


We even got to see how wool went from raw fleece to beautiful yarn.

DSC_5993.jpg


We finished up our day with a ride on the Ferris Wheel.  This is the only picture I got because I ended up with a munchkin in my lap.  He spent the ride alternating between being scared and trying to open the doors for a better look.  His final conclusion was that he was scared, but he wants to ride it again next year.  I'm so proud of this boy!

DSC_6008.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment